March 6, 2007

Done with Books!

Beautiful day outside. I spent Monday trapped inside the bookmaking room with my books trying to get them done.

I should have perhaps taken a nap instead of drawn and painted all night Sunday and Monday. As a result, today I'm playing hookey and recharging. I slept 12 hours and a little more.


A painting in the book about visuals, and a page of the book about text. I worked on them side by side, then gave up when the time crunch came around.


The inside cover paper for my books is some interesting printed rice paper that I love to use and wish I had more of. It's a little too thin, though. The hardest part was sticking it to the board.

And I'm done with books! At least for a week, then it starts again with the final project.

2 comments:

Andreas said...

Congratulations! I saw some of the books in relatively final stages yesterday and they looked really nice!

Andreas said...

Oh, and this seems to be the day of hookie, then. I'm taking a mental health day too. Both of work and art. But I'm feeling rechanrged enough now that I'll actually go to school for a few evening hours! Yeah!