January 30, 2007

Blurry Day

I did some very nice flat drawings today with my class in Intermediate Figure painting. I didn't take pictures of the drawings yet, because when it crossed my mind the model was still up and it's a very big no-no to have your camera out when there's a nude person in the room.

Figure Painting went all right- but I am astonished to find I have no more Ultramarine Blue. I thought I had that coming out my ears. Apparently what I have is a lot of Cobalt. Sigh. Must buy that tomorrow. And Burnt Sienna, because I keep using up all my browns.

Life Drawing with Sargent went well, but I am still fearful that the class will be canceled because there's only 14 people enrolled. I reccomended that my teacher look into James Jean and Paul Pope. They have alliterate names, plus they're awesome.

At the end of the evening there was a show of teachers in the school of Pictoral Arts that happened. Each teacher stood and talked about their own works, some of which gave me good ideas, others made me wonder a little why abstraction of form has become so popular. I really enjoyed Don Feasel's watercolor on Acetate, Sargent's acrylic portrait with kitty litter, and Angeja's semi-abstract painting of a volcanic cloud.

Sorry, no pictures. Bedtime. New shoes tomorrow!

No comments: