January 29, 2007

And Sevral Hours Later..

I'm much calmer than I was a few hours ago, thankfully.

When someone is working on a small pen and ink drawing, DO NOT decide that it would be better with a big thumbprint of carrot juice. Yes, this actually happened. Today. Earlier. Odwalla.

Apparently some people never grow up and learn about "Boundaries" the way normal people do.
Now one of my tiny handmade books with drawings in them has a orange blorp on the first page. Words cannot express how exasperated I am with this 30-something undergrad. True, I did not throw the hissy-fit that was erupting in my head, but he should have at the least apologized profusely. I don't think I'll work near him again. He's lucky I didn't throw my brush in his eye.

These handmade books are really more like booklets, or hand-bound pamphlets. I made three just because I couldn't wait to get started on much bigger fish, but we don't have any instructions yet regarding tape-binding.

This is a page ready to be stitched and folded into its' brethren. I'm using Arches Cover Cream paper, which runs about $2.00 per 22x30 sheet. The holes have been poked with an awl, though I think a push-pin may have worked just as well.

This book has a false stamp I drew on with ink and gouache. I think I will make it into a fake passport.

These are the spines of my three almost identical booklets. There's just a figure 8 stitch through their spines and each holds about four or six pages, depending on the thickness of the internal paper.

There is talk of a Printmaker's club being formed at school. And also a few ideas going around regarding a Printmaker's show sometime in this semester. I look forward to both.

After spending $97 on one of two required books for my lower division GE class, I find that it may not even be needed. The reasoning for this thought is that we spent time listening to a lecture that while informative, was a general survey of the rise of western scientific philosophy. Interesting, but mostly covering things I knew enough about to survive on a test with at least a B. Unfortunately, there are required readings. I think I'll wait on taking the book out of the shrink-wrap.

Tomorrow, I cart more paper to school and look at nude people all day.

No comments: