October 23, 2007


I'm working so much on this that I'm wearing my favorite brush down. I've realized that when I'm happy with the results of what I'm working on, I can stay up to all hours busy with it. When something about it seems un-fixable or incomplete, and I can't see how to finish it in a satisfactory way- it goes into the slush pile. To be prodded with a stick occasionally.

Hence, I did not even work on my English 100W paper comparing two Art Deco Vases. Which is kind of okay, since I really wasn't interested anyway, and no amount of persuading will get me to do a good job.

Maybe I'll work on the paper tomorrow morning. All I really want to do is paint. I can't remember ever feeling like this about something I've been in charge of from start to finish. This isn't a class painting with any dictated subject matter- this is just ME PAINTING. And goddamn, it feels good.

No comments: